Upscale Aquatics

Thread: Pro Heat D-58 LED Display Temperature Controller

Default Pro Heat D-58 LED Display Temperature Controller

Has anyone had the opportunity to use this product? http://www.aquariumpros.com/p-PHD58.html

I bought 2 of these temp controllers and 2 500W titanium tubes. So far, I have one of them in operation. The controller function works great but there may be an issue with the tempature reading. I had my arm in my older tank and then reached into the new tank to adjust something. I was surprised that there appeared to be a quite a difference in temps (just based on the temp against my skin).

The Pro Heat controller showed 79.6 and the other tank showed 80.7 on the Coralife Digital. When I put the Coralife and Pro Heat probes side-by-side, there was nearly a 3 degree difference! One degree wouldn't freak me out but 3??!! I also tried another Coralife and it was within .1 of the other Coralife. Next, I dropped in a glass floating thermometer and that stupid thing split the difference. I have always thought highly of the Coralife digital thermometers.

Is this potentially the same type of scenario that I experienced with my PinPoint pH Monitor? I am using a higher quality product, that is producing a more accurate reading now? Or is this potentially a bad product? I have always thought highly of the Coralife digital's. I suppose I could hook up the other controller and see if it agrees with it brother.

I will report back on that.........
    Confucius Say: "best way to save face, is to keep lower part of face shut".

Nope. The other controller is dead on with the twin.

calibrate it with an old fashioned glass thermometer and you will be set

FWIW... the controllers that come on the Won Pro titanium heaters.... i cut them off and just use the heating elements on Ranco TCs now
    A lot of times, NO answer is better than offering what YOU THINK is the answer.

Funny that we go back to the old tried and true. The titanium tubes are not wired directly to the Pro Heat, they are standard 110 plugs. later, I will probably upgrade to Ranco.